Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Prayer


Prayer is the soul's sincere desire
Prayer is the burden of a sigh
Prayer is the simplest form of speech
Prayer is the Christian's vital breath
Prayer is the contrite sinner's voice

I love this song that my seminary teacher showed us today in class. It spoke so much too me. Maybe it's because its in song. Maybe I am supposed to speak through song. And I know Zoe, you agree with that. <3 I've always loved music. And prayer I think isn't much different than writing a song. You think about it before, and the words just come, when the Spirit guides you. Prayer and song writing is also from the heart. And knowing that prayer is like a song, it just makes it so much more simpler to me. When I pray I never know what to say, but I just try to listen to the spirit. Now I'm not saying, I am going to sing my prayers, but if I'm having a hard time with praying, why not? :D

The Lord be with us as we walk
Along our homeward road.
In silent thought or friendly talk
Our hearts be near to God

The straight and narrow way to heav'n
where angels bright and fair
Are singing to God's praise, is found
Thru constant secret prayer

In the innocence of youth
We would all thy laws fulfill
Lead us in the way of truth.
Give us strength to do thy will

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Songs DO speak to us! That's really cool, and I love how prayers can transend religion and language :)

Robyn Jones said...

:D Thanks!