Monday, April 12, 2010

Wheelchairs and Injuries

So I busted my left ankle again-this time iceskating. And of course this all happened the DAY before I left for spring break. I sprained it both ways-biliteral sprain (I think it's called that...). This weekend my family and I went to California! :D It was very much fun, except for my stupid injury. Six Flags Magic Mountain-that's where this is all leading to. I had to use a wheelchair for that day, and while my brother and I had tons of fun going up and down hills, being in a wheelchair sucks. Yes, I got to get in the front of the line, but it was still pretty stupid. When you're in a wheelchair people either become one of two people-the I feel so sorry for you, or the I don't care you're not better than anyone else. You don't need to feel sorry. I think that's probably worse, because they make you feel helpless, like you can't do anything and are stupid. And while I don't want people to be jerks, just because you're in a wheelchair, you aren't better than anyone else. Now I was just in a wheelchair for a day-think about someone that has to spend their whole life in a wheelchair, how do you think they feel? And having these jerks make you feel like you can walk, get up. That's just stupid people being stupid people I guess. But when I am treated like there is nothing wrong with me, when there is, that irks me quite a bit. On another note, the bathrooms at this place were impossible to get through in a wheelchair and are tiny. There was only 4 stalls in one of them. This is an amusement park people, hundreds of people-everyone has to pee at some point. But whatever, I just think that we should think more about others. Because their living their lives too.

No comments: